The “GAME” plan continues….
When reflecting upon my plan and absorbing the feedback from my colleagues I am able to modify my thoughts in what direction I want to continue within the classroom. The steps I have taken thus far enables me to have an understanding however to keep in mind there may be changes along the way. In regards to if I were finding information and resources I would say yes. I am asking our schools’ Technology educator and colleagues for advice and then in turn investigate further to find the answers. I feel lucky to have the resources to conduct my plan with modern and up to date technologies.
The action plan component seems to be on track. I have added the importance of educating students and their behavior online. By the suggestion of fellow colleague, I do feel this vital to incorporate into my action plan. As students go through creating the blog, they will also know how to socialize online with a larger and divers group of students.
In what I have learned there are many things. There is a process in which you follow when implement new lessons into the classroom. The best planner can sometimes not see unexpected factors, which can come up in when teaching the lesson. It is important to be knowledgeable of the content and have clear goals for your students’. To stay on top of the game and be flexible when things might not go the way you planned. To listen to advice and know your plan can be modified in order to fit the needs of your students’.
As I continue with my GAME plan, the process of thinking systematically and learning from the resources I hope to have a successfully unit. The resources have been and will be beneficial as I journey down this path.
In creating the setting, is there other tools or surrounding which can help in this effort?
I think adding in your expectations of your students behavior when they are using the internet is important. Sometimes we just assume students know what we expect, but I think it is important we let our students know exactly what we expect them to behave like. This allows everyone to be on the same page and will allow the rest of the plan to run smoother.
ReplyDeleteYou are indeed very lucky to have the up-to-date technologies and resources available to you. I am glad you have people to work with to get the support you need.
ReplyDeleteYou mention you are moving forward with your GAME plan, but what are your goals that you are working on?
I am also unclear about your final question about the setting. I do not know what you are asking. Can you clarify for me?
It is always important to remind, or teach, internet etiquette as it is not wise to assume the students know how to handle themselves. You have been enlightened to the fact that the best planner encounters difficulties. As you state, it is important to be knowledgeable of your content and define clear goals for he students. If not, it can lead to chaos and misinterprtations. Sounds as if you are doing well with your plan and, more importantly, learning from this experience. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteJohn