In reviewing and understanding standards in the many realms of the educational world gives a deeper insight in what goals we bring to our students. The particular standards set forth for educators in the areas of technology are important to set clear expectations when conducting a lesson within the classroom. The GAME process has been a revelation and learning experiences as both an educator and conducting the lessons within the classroom. In meeting the goals, I have gained knowledge and set up the process and steps to meet the goals for my students’ and myself. The progress has seemed slow and frustrating to find the time to implement the lessons within a full curriculum day. It is important to pinpoint the key goals and address them in a way, which you understand when bringing to your students.
In visiting the site again and reviewing the standards, set forth continues to drive instruction. The GAME plan process breaks down the steps to develop a well thought out plan. In doing so students will also meet other goals and hopeful can reflect and carry on meeting the goals as they continue through the activity. Meeting certain goals continues to be a battle within the classroom. I feel I have the strategies, tools, knowledge, however not the time to squeeze into classroom instruction. In having students, work toward proficiency can be attainable and will take additional effort. It can be done with management, experience, and planning. The GAME plan has brought a new perspective on how I approach lessons and how I meet the goals in each plan. This continues to be a learning process both in Walden and in the classroom.
International Society for Technology in Education. (2008). National Education Standards for Teachers (NETS-T). Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/Content/NavigationMenu/NETS/ForTeachers/
2008Standards/NETS_T_Standards_Final.pdf
Have you thought about having your students set their own goals and make their own GAME Plans? This will keep them invested in the process. It also puts the responsibility and accountability on them. Now saying that in no way means there needs to be punitive consequences if they are not making progress. It is a way to get them to reflect on and understand their own learning. I was once toald that having a goal to work toward is just as important, if not moreso, than whether they reach the goal or not.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!